From water and milk jugs to cleaning product containers and shampoo bottles, our homes are brimming with things that make our lives more convenient. That’s what most of modern society is about these days. But many of us often throw away items that can easily be reused or recycled instead.
For instance, we don’t always have to go to the store and buy things everytime we want to give our homes a new look. All it takes is creativity and resourcefulness – transforming existing materials found in your house to give it a new purpose.
In this easy project you get to design your pillows with your favorite colors. :)
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
You’ll need these materials:
- Kraft paper
- Pillow form
- Fabrics (number, color, and patterns depending on your taste)
- Sewing machine
- Needle and thread
1. Draft your design on a kraft paper, following the size and shape of your pillow form.
2. Cut the fabrics according to your design, and stitch the shapes together.
3. Press the seams open, like in this picture.
4. Use a solid-color fabric for the back part of your pillow.
5. Stitch the front and back pieces, right sides together. Leave a small opening enough for your pillow form to fit through.
6. Turn right side out, iron, and insert your pillow form.
7. Close the opening by whip stitching it. And you are done!