Can you remember sliding downstairs – any stairs, when you were a kid? Any ride would do… cardboard, a sleeping bag, even a pillow. I can still remember my dog desperately trying to join in the fun. So, why not use a foldable, portable, and safe indoor slide? Turn Your Stairs Into a Slide!
All kids definitely enjoy playing with the slides at the playground. But how about this rainy season? They won’t be allowed to play outside. How about bringing the fun inside the house? How can you do that? Why not convert your stairs into a slide? Sounds good!? Yes, you can! Introducing the genius invention of a mom – Trisha from Minnesota, Cleveland. A mom who invented an indoor slide for her kids – the SlideRider! We’re guessing she has one too many rainy days trying to find fun activities for the kids!
- 1 What is a SlideRider?
- 2 What Makes This DIY SlideRider So Cool?
- 3 How to Turn Your Stairs Into a slide using the SlideRider?
- 4 1. Lock n load
- 5 2. Slide and spread the safety rails
- 6 3. Check the sides and the safety barrier. And now the SlideRider is set! Be ready to have fun! :)
- 7 What are the specifications of a SlideRider?
What is a SlideRider?
This SlideRider was invented by a mom (Trisha) from Cleveland. This concept was first introduced to Quirky. SlideRider is made of anti-slip rubber with soft foam and cushioned landing. The material is hard polyethylene foam in the vinyl covering that provides solid structural support. The base is built with handles. To secure your kids’ safety, these are built with bumpers on both sides. The width of this SlideRider is just enough for a kid to slide, still leaving a space beside, to allow them to climb up the stairs.
What Makes This DIY SlideRider So Cool?
This portable slide can be used on a multitude of different-length stairs and included safety features to ensure that your child will be safe while using it.
The Sliderider unfolds “accordion” style from the stored position, and once fully extended, the safety bumpers fold out and Velcro securely into place.
The top of the slide acts as an anchoring base that is weighed to help keep the slide in place during use, and the underside of the slide has an anti-slip rubber grip that extends along the entire bottom.
The slide itself is made out of hard polyethylene foam inside a vinyl covering which provides solid structural support while still allowing it to be lightweight and slippery enough for sliding.
The landing pad of the slide is made of softer foam to provide a safe and cushioned landing for the user. When not in use, the Sliderider conveniently folds up back on the top of the base and is held in place by a storage strap that wraps around it and attaches to the other side of the base.
The base of the SlideRider also has built-in handles to make transportation easier.
How to Turn Your Stairs Into a slide using the SlideRider?
Here’s how you can turn your stairs into a slide.
Click on any image to start the lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox. ?
1. Lock n load
Once positioned at the top of the stairs, it’s a simple process to ‘lock and load’ the slide.
2. Slide and spread the safety rails
For the super-safety conscious out there, this is an exceptionally well-designed unit complete with safety rails and a ‘crash barrier’ at the bottom.
3. Check the sides and the safety barrier. And now the SlideRider is set! Be ready to have fun! :)
Bring on the rainy days ‘coz this adult wants to give this a go!
What are the specifications of a SlideRider?
Packed & stored:
- L: mm (33.31 in)
- W: mm (30.09 in)
- H: mm (23.20 in)
When completely extended:
- L: mm (251 in)
- W: mm (30.09 in)
- H: mm (23.20 in)
- Hard Polyethylene Foam
- Soft Polyethylene Foam
- EVA Rubber grip
- Vinyl Cover
- Safety bumpers that fold out of the slide and velcro securely into place.
- The weighted top of the slide acts as an anchoring base to keep the slide in place while in use
- Anti-slip rubber grip that extends along the entire underside of the slide to help keep the slide in place during use.
- Hard polyethylene foam vinyl covering, providing solid structural support while still being lightweight and slippery enough for sliding.
- Soft foam landing pad to allow for a safe and cushioned landing.
- The slide conveniently & compactly folds up into the base and is held in place with a storage strap that wraps over the top of the slide.
- The base also includes built-in handles to make transportation easier.